Skip to content
How to have your WordPress website verified on Mastodon
- Log in to your WordPress website.
- Go to Appearance -> Theme File Editor.
- Go to the Theme Header file.
- Go back to your Mastodon Profile and click on Edit.
- Write “Website” as label and the home page to your website as content.
- Copy the link that you see under “Verification”.
- Paste it in your website’s Theme Header file inside the head tags. (<head>YourVerificationLink</head>).
- Save the file.
- Go to your Mastodon profile and save your profile.
- Refresh the page of your Mastodon profile. The green check will show up. For me it took around 1 minute.
- Once you are verified, you can go back to the Theme Header and remove the link. You are already verified, you don’t need it anymore.